Saturday, February 25, 2012

Facebook 30 Day Movie Challenge

Day 3: A movie that makes you happy-Back to the Future 
Back to the Future doesn't just make me happy, it makes me giddy. There are just so many things I like about it.  It has great dialogue; literally the entire thing leaves me laughing out loud from numerous characters making fun of Marty for being part of the Coast Guard to the allusions to future events. It had just the right amount of comedy, sci-fi, and 80's-ness to make a great film. It is by far my favorite film from that decade.
My density has brought me to you.
I also love young Micheal J. Fox. What is not to love? He is adorable and has great comedic timing. He and Christopher Lloyd play off each other well and have really good chemistry. Lloyd plays Doc Brown just crazy enough with a touch of science which works really well. He has some of the best lines in the film (Why are things so heavy in the future? Great scott! Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads). Lea Thompson is fantastic as well playing both Marty's mother and a girl with a big crush.Their interactions are so awkward, but also so funny. Oh Calvin, I would fall for you too. The entire cast is just great in general, no one could play George McFly other than Crispin Glover.
The story is also great. It can be thought of as the beginners guide to time travel because it makes sense and still manages to add in a few surprises. When Marty gets back to 1985 and sees all the changes, it surprises the viewer almost as much as it surprises Marty himself. Even the second film makes sense for those who have trouble following other time travel films.
Honorable mentions for films that make me happy go to Ironman, pretty much anything released by Disney or Pixar, and the Harry Potter films because even though they are not the best adaptations, I cannot help but love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment