Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Dilema: Part II

So I have another film related dilemma. My first one came about as a result of  the last Harry Potter movie because I wanted a great final film experience (http://snapcracklepopculture.blogspot.com/2011/04/dilemma-and-decision.html). This time is similar, but it has to do with another movie: The Dark Knight Rises. Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite directors, his vision is amazing and far reaching and I believe he is one of the most innovative directors around. That is why I want to know nothing about his latest Batman film. It is also the last film of the series, and while I am no where near as in love with Batman as I am with Harry Potter, this series has been fantastic. I want to go into this film the same way I did with Inception, knowing nothing and being totally surprised. That is the one big difference between TDKR and Harry Potter: I read all the Harry Potter books so the only surprises were the director's choices. With this film, I know nothing, especially since I am not a big DC Comics fan.