Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Think You Should Know Thursday

So this Thursday is a happy one for two reasons: one is because it snowed here last night so it kind of looks like a winter wonderland and two because I am officially done with finals and my first semester as a junior! Wow, how time flies.
So this Thursday I would like to share with you the talents of British darling Ellie Goulding. She is one of those artists that you've probably heard in the background of a commercial but never on the radio. Her style is a mix of indie pop and electric and is great for dancing or just plain listening. Her lyrics and persona are ethereal, with her long so-blonde-its-almost-white hair and unique sense of style she seems like some kind of fairy. She is truly an artist that only Britain could produce.
"Starry Eyed" is one of Goulding's most popular songs and was one of the singles from her 2010 album Lights.
"Next thing, we're touching
You look at me it's like you hit me with lightning"

The acoustic version of "Wish I Stayed" proves that Goulding is not all about the synthesizer, this girl actually has a voice that's light and airy and sounds great with just a guitar.
"

"'Cause you can fall if you want to, it's just a matter of how far,
You've treasured your home town, but you've forgotten where you are
And it will stay with you until you're mind's been found
And it has been found wondering around"
...................................................
"I don't own my own clothes 
But I own my own mind
And it's not what you've lost
But what you will find"

No comments:

Post a Comment