Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Think You Should Know Thursday

This blustery and cold Autumn Thursday I present to you the acoustic folk artist City and Colour. City and Colour is actually a one man band lead by Canadian singer Dallas Green who is accompanied by a rotating group of backing artists. The band's name comes from Greens own: Dallas-a city and Green-a color.
To me, Green's songs have the perfect sound for fall. There is just a feeling that goes along with his music that evokes images of falling leaves and flannel (or maybe that's just me). His voice can be best described as sincere; you can feel the emotion spilling into his every chord. Like most of the artists I like and have presented here, the Green's focus is on the music. He is a man with a guitar and his heart on his sleeve, nothing more.
"The Girl" is my favorite City and Colour song. It's one of those songs that you wish someone would sing to you or you wish you had someone to sing it to. It's also just plain beautiful.
"I wish I could do better by you, 
Cause thats what you deserve."
............
"You don't ask for no diamond rings, 
No delicate string of pearls, 
That's why I wrote this song to sing, 
My beautiful girl."
I also love "Comin Home." Plus, that's what I'm going to be doing a week from today for Thanksgiving break, so I had to share it as well. I love the yearning that seems to come from this song, anyone who's ever been away from the one they love can relate.
"I know that we're takin' chances, you told me life was a risk
But I just have one last question...
Will it be my heart or will it be his?
I'm comin' home."

No comments:

Post a Comment