Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Think You Should Know Thursday

The artist that I think you should know this fine Thursday is The Black Keys. A two man band that plays a mix of rock, blues, and jazz, I discovered the band only last year through a friend (I get a lot of my music from my friends). The Black Keys have been around since 2001, but have only gained popularity and success with their 2010 album Brothers. 
I like this band because they have a harder sound than what I usually listen to; no mellow stuff here, The Black Keys are pure rock. I love the use of percussion and bass, the instruments really add to the tracks; it seems like there are many more people involved than just two guys. They lyrics are also generally not as depressing as things I usually listen to. I wouldn't call it uplifting, but its definitely toe tapping.
Their new album El Camino is coming out December 6th so look out around then because I will be purchasing and reviewing the album.
"Everlasting Light" was the first song I liked by The Black Keys.
"Let me be your everlasting light
The sun when there is none
I'm a shepherd for you
And I'll guide you through"
I just really love the sound and swag of this song "Ten Cent Pistol." The lyrics are also pretty fun. 
"There's nothing worse in this world
Than payback from a jealous girl
The laws of man don't apply
When blood gets in a woman's eye"

No comments:

Post a Comment