Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Think You Should Know Thursday

This Thursdays, since it has been quite rainy, the artist I think you should know is The Smiths. The Smiths are perfect to listen to in the rain or whenever one is feeling quite depressed because of their mopey sound. They were the Death Cab for Cutie of the 1980's.
The Smiths are probably my second favorite English band behind only those lovable lads from Liverpool. Their lyrics are witty and the lead singer Morrissey has a style that is completely his own.
Oh and I liked this band way before they were featured in 500 Days of Summer. I have to thank my dad for that one. But who wouldn't fall in love with Zooey singing "There is a Light that Never Goes Out"?
 "This Charming Man" by the Smiths I love not only for the playful lyrics but also because of the video itself. They don't make them like this any more.

 
 "I would go out tonight
But I haven't got a stitch to wear
This man said, 'its gruesome that someone so handsome should care"

And perhaps my favorite The Smiths song "Ask." The lyrics speak to me on such a personal level. It was one of the first songs I've ever hear that I thought "wow someone actually gets me."


"Shyness is nice and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
You'd like to"
.....
"So, if there's something you'd like to try
If there's something you'd like to try
Ask me I wont say no, how could I?"

No comments:

Post a Comment