Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hey, It's New to Me!

"Enjoy the infinite abyss."-Andrew Largeman

So I just watched Garden State (2004) and I was all like "I'm not going to write about it, since everyone's already seen it" but I don't care, it's new to me and I loved it. I loved it because it was real. Not much happened and yet so much did and that's life. It's deep, it's funny, it makes you cry- like life itself. 
I want to rave on and on about the acting, the sets, the script, but I'll refrain. I will say, I love (always have and always will) Natalie Portman. Her song Sam reminds me a bit of me. Not the whole lying-epilepsy thing but how she speaks. She babbles, she mentions how awkward she is, talks fast, and laughs a lot-pretty much me in a nutshell. I just love how Portman plays such a variety of characters. Zach Braff was really good too. I want to see more with him so I can develop more of a concrete opinion on him because I'm still unsure how I feel.
Oh and obviously the soundtrack was amazing. One of the best I have ever heard. Before watching the film the songs were already among the most listened to on my i-tunes, but now I can attach scenes to songs which is always cool.
I'm glad I gave this film a second chance because when my sister was watching it last year I walked in half way through and thought it was weird and walked out. Oh what a difference a year makes...

No comments:

Post a Comment